Machines for grass cutting are popular amongst workers in agriculture, gardening, landscaping, horticulture, etc. There are conceptually two types of mowers: the reel/cylindrical and the rotary mowers. The cylindrical mowers are made up of blades mounted on a rotating cylinder that produces clean trim by scissors action.
When buying a lawn mower, many people fail to make research about the product. Some are lucky enough to get good and quality products, while others end up with bad products on their hands.
The Husqvarna Z254F is a mid- grade zero turn mower and some say it’s one of the best in its class.
A zero turn riding lawn mower, also known as a z- turn mower, is a standard riding lawnmower with a turning radius that is effectively zero. The turning radius or turning circle of a vehicle is the radius (or, depending on usage, diameter) of the smallest circular turn a vehicle is capable of making. (Definitions from Wikipedia).
There are three manufacturers for the Husqvarna Z254F lawnmower: Kawaski, Kohler and Briggs & Strattson.
This Husqvarna Z254F Review will take you through all the vital information you should know before making a purchase. Such information includes the product specifications, key features, pros and cons amongst others. Let’s dive in.
Husqvarna Z254F Reviews
Product specifications (Kawaski)
Engine manufacturer: Kawasaki
Engine model: fr691V
Power output: 23.0 hp
Cutting width: 54 inches
Engine manufacturer: Kohler
Engine model: KT754
Power output: 26hp
Cutting width: 54 inches
READ MORE: Flymo Robot Mower Review
Grade- mini grade
Surface area- office building, farm or parks
Style- zero turn
Length (base machine): 75 inches
Height (base machine): 40 inches
Width (chute down): 67 inches
Width (chute up): 56 inches
Weight: 595 IBS
Tire size (front diameter): 11 inches
Tire size (front diameter wheel): 6 inches
- Cutting deck: the cutting deck of the Z254F is welded out of 10 gauge steel with an additional reinforcement stripes for durability. The Husqvarna Z254F has six cutting positions and three mowers. This produces a smooth and even cutting result across the entire width of the deck. The Husqvarna is one of the fastest zero- turn mowers in the market today.
The Z254F also produces an excellent cutting performance either at high mowing speed or through tall and rough grass.
ALSO SEE: Husqvarna 455 Rancher Reviews
Another feature of the cutting deck is three anti- scalp wheels which prevent your lawn from scalping when the decks are being raised or lowered on uneven terrains.
- Engine: as earlier stated, the engine of the Z254F comes in three variants- Kohler, Kawaski, and Briggs & Strattson. The Kohler engine delivers 26hp, but the Briggs & Strattson engine delivers 24hp while the Kawaski engine delivers 23hp. all engines have a maximum speed of 6.5 mph.
All engines are quiet, smooth, economical and reliable.
The engine has a smart choke key which is used for turning the mower on and works under any temperature.
The engine also has a full pressure lubrication system with a spin-on oil filter.
Another feature of the Z254F lawnmower engine is a hydro-gear EZT hydrostatic transmission which ensures a powerful performance and a vast amount of torque.
One other feature is a zero- turn transmission that requires no maintenance with the Z254F mower, thereby freeing you from worries.
- Garden complexity: the Husqvarna Z254F works on complex gardens, i.e., gardens with hills or uneven parts. Husqvarna recommends that the mower can be used on hills whose slope doesn’t exceed a 10 degree angle.
The Z254F mows up to 2.8 acres per hour at a speed of 6.5 mph
- Easy usage: the choke, ignition, and throttle of the Z254F are in one location which allows easy accessibility while using the mower.
The Z254F comes with automatic parking brakes which can activate or deactivate the engine by pulling the lever either inwards or outwards.
- The grass clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged. However, the mulching kit and bagger attachment are sold separately.
- The lawn tractor has a comfortable seat, an easily reached control panel and an anti- slip foot area which makes you safe while mowing your lawn.
- The Z254F comes with additional accessories like pre- drilled holes for mounting accessories and attachments, a removable foot pan which makes it easy to clean the spindles, pulleys and belts, and a deck wash out port.
- LED lights: the Z254F comes with LED lights which help when you want to mow your lawn very early in the morning or late at night.
- rugged frame and caster
- it has an excellent cutting deck ability
- It has a top notch air infiltration system.
- The hydraulic wheel- drive can be easily maneuvered though the machine has no turning radius.
- the engine is protected by front and rear guards
- The lawnmower also has cooling fans which helps cools the engine down after an excessive use.
- It has a choke system which makes it easy to start.
- It is built to be durable and sturdy.
- The Z254F sometimes struggles with cutting thick grass.
- The cutting deck can break down easily, which makes it need periodic maintenance.
- It lacks maneuverability
The Husqvarna Z254F is easy to maintain and clean. It comes with a drain hose for the easy change of oil. Getting spare parts of the machine also is quite easy to come by. The deck and wheel spindles also have grease fittings. The mower also comes with a built in hour meter that keeps you informed on when the mower needs servicing.
The Husqvarna Z254F combines comfort, performance and strength with easy usage and packing up when you’ve finished mowing. It is an exquisite machinery that gives a semi- professional touch to your lawn. Aside from the cutting deck which might require more maintenance if it used constantly on tough grasses, the Z254F is a great choice for your lawn.
Do you agree or not? Please leave your thoughts of our husqvarna z254f reviews in the comment section below.