A chainsaw that doesn’t require much energy and can be used at home, on the farm and on the ranch. Introducing the Husqvarna 455 rancher.
Like all Husqvarna machineries, the 455 rancher is reputed for its durability, strength, and comfort. The rancher is an ideal saw for ranchers, farmers, or home use. It is a gasoline-operated chain saw which works quietly, unlike other gas operated chain saws, due to the presence of a muffler. It Is versatile and durable, light weight and safe to use.
It is a residential chain saw. The 455 rancher is designed for land/home owners who need to fell trees for firewood or other purposes.
This Husqvarna 455 Rancher review will help you know the more specifications, features, pros, and cons of the machinery before you make a purchase or after you have made the purchase.
Husqvarna 455 Rancher Reviews
- dimensions: 9.5 X 20 X 41 inches
- weight: 12.8 ibs (excluding bar and chain)
- power source: gasoline
- size: 20’’ bar length
- maximum power speed: 9000 rpm
- torque max: 3.2 nm
- chain pitch: 3/8’’
- fuel tank volume: 0.93 US pint
- fuel consumption: 470 g/KWh
- sound power level: 114 dB(A)
ALSO SEE: Husqvarna Yth18542 Reviews
Features of the Husqvarna 455 rancher
- 20-inch ,55.5cc engine, 3.5 hp
- X- tor12dfq engine: compared to other chain saws on the market, the engine of the Husqvarna 455 rancher doesn’t consume lots of fuel
- the air filter is easy to clean and replace
- Choke/ stop system: this combination allows for an easy start while reducing the chances of the engine being flooded. The stop system is also a security measure.
The stop button can be used to the machine when the chain saw is about malfunctioning.
- there is a durable 3 piece crankshaft
- It has a low vib system that reduces vibration of the rancher when in use. Unlike other saws, the 455 rancher comes with an anti- vibration feature which helps in conserving energy and reduces the risk of accidents which could be caused after continuous use.
- Adjustable oil pump: this allows you control the lubrication of the engine according to your requirements.
- The carburetor and fuel system has a purge system which makes cleaning and starting the rancher easier. When oil and fuel mix, the purge system of the Husqvarna 455 rancher makes it easy to clean the machine without having to spend on repairs.
- Side mounted chain tensioning system.
- An ergonomic rear knob that provides a relaxed grasp while reducing energy. While felling a tree, you wouldn’t want to get exhausted five minutes into the work, which is why the 455 rancher has been equipped with a handle that makes the saw easy to hold and use without getting easily fatigued.
- Felling marks which allows you chop trees with meticulousness.
- inertia activated chain brake which amplified safety and reduces the chance of kickback
The Husqvarna 455 rancher is a lightweight chain saw which is easy to handle thanks to its design. It features an ergonomic rear handle that provides a better grip for strong applicators. It also has a low vibration system which not only reduces vibration but reduces exhaustion while offering top notch comfort.
The 455 chain saw features a 3- piece crankshaft that provides maximum sturdiness when used for tough cutting jobs. The chain was made of heavy duty steel springs that are corrosion resistant.
ALSO READ: Dewalt DCST990H1 String Trimmer
Like most Husqvarna chainsaws, the Husqvarna 455 rancher features a potent proprietor X- torq engine that offers utmost cutting power with compact emissions and energy consumption.
The 20 inch saw with 55.5cc engine delivers 3.5 horse power which is fitting to cut all types of wood with bare minimum effort. The air cleaning system is engineered to remove large debris and dust particles from the filter. This makes the chainsaw easy and affordable to maintain
One amazing feature of the 455 rancher is that it was designed with safety in mind. It comes with an inertia chain brake which is designed to prevent kickback and rapid upward movements. The chainsaw also features a front hand guard that prevents the user from flying chucks of wood and debris while you cut the tree.
Another safety feature is the throttle trigger lockout which prevents the user from accidentally triggering the throttle control. The right hand guard protects your right hand from an out of order chain while the chain catcher is intended to catch a snapped chain before it causes an injury.
- It is easy to start the 455 rancher. Starting the chain saw requires little or no effort.
- the Husqvarna 455 rancher is powerful and cuts fast
- it has an inbuilt manual chain adjustment
- it has a sensitive chain brake
- it doesn’t consume fuel
- it is easy to use
- it has a powerful engine
- it is environment friendly
- it is quite affordable
- it is manufactured by a reputable brand
- the bottom of the chainsaw is slightly rounded
- it has a complex brake system
- it is somewhat noisy like all e saw can be heavy when it is used in cutting above the shoulder
- There is a possibility of fumes or exhaust being inhaled.
The Husqvarna 455 rancher is a good equipment for residential uses. It comes in handy for heavy works and is required to be serviced by a professional if you don’t have the capacity to do so yourself.
Like all chainsaws, the Husqvarna 455 rancher chain saw is high maintenance machinery. The chain has to be sharpened periodically to achieve a good result. The saw and air filter has to be clean in order to maintain the lifetime of the machine.
The 455 rancher is a good machine if you the distance between your neighbors and yourself are a few meters; however, if you live in a close lawn neighborhood, the machine might not be a good purchase as the noise might result in friction between your neighbors and yourself.